DORMA ITS 96 Concealed cam-action Door Closer
The DORMA ITS 96 door closer has ushered in a new era in door closer technology. The door closer body and slide channel are so compact that they can be installed out of sight in doors and their frames. These devices offer the same high quality expected of DORMA door closers, as characterized by their ease of operation for the user, and wide range of functions.
Thanks to the exceptionally slender dimensions of the unit, the DORMA ITS 96 can be installed in virtually all doors with thicknesses of 1-3/4" or more.
- Invisible when door is closed
- Efficient cam and roller design
- Suitable for interior wood, hollow metal, and aluminum doors and frames
- Rapid decrease in opening force makes doors easy to open, yet provides maximum closing force at the latch
- All ITS96 models can be inverted to install the closer body in the frame
- Sweep and latch valve adjustment easily accessible after installation
- Adjustable spring force size for 96-1 is 1–3 and for 96-2 is 2–5. (Adjustable with unit installed)
- Opening force 5 lb or less for ITS96-1 on interior doors where door without closer attached is 1 lb. opening force or less
- Maximum door opening approximately 130º
- Cushioned stop position adjustable between 80º–130º (separate limiting stop required for doors in abusive conditions)
- Optional hold-open available. Adjustable between 80º & 120º
- ITS96-13 installs in 1-3/4" thick doors (minimum)
- ITS96-13 recommended for interior doors up to 36" wide & up to 125 lb
- ITS96-25 installs in 2" thick doors (minimum)
- ITS96-25 recommended for interior & exterior doors to 48" wide & up to 175 lb
- The DORMA ITS96-13 and ITS96-25 are listed by U.L. and C.U.L. under their continuing re-inspection programs.
- Meets the requirements for UL10C and UBC 7.2 (1997) for positive pressure.
- California State Fire Marshall (CSFM) approved.
- The ITS96-1 meets the requirements of ANSI A117.1 and ADA for barrier-free accessibility.
- Please consider DORMA ITS 96 EN3-6 if you are looking for the Euro version for larger doors (spring strength 3-6).
The ITS 96 1-3 with no Hold-Open function is available to ship in approximately one week.
All Dorma closers ordered with Hold-Open kit or 2-5 spring size is considered a factory order, the lead time is 4 to 6 weeks. This is a non-stock item. Orders are non-cancellable and non-returnable. Please review the details to ensure you are ordering the correct hardware.
This is a non-returnable item. Please review the details to ensure you are ordering the correct hardware.