System M Pivot Hinge
Complete Set including top and bottom pivots and accessories. Five different models tuned for your specific door.
It's simple. This pivot hinge will save you lots of money, lots of time, or both. System M represents a new way forward for pivot doors, especially the big ones.
Pivot doors are becoming quite popular with designers. They provide a modern minimalist sensibility to projects of all stripes. However, for contractors the problems of installing these doors are many. Most of these problems come when you have to deal with a floor closer.
Maybe you've had to coordinate a bunch of subs to get the prep right for an in-floor closer like Dorma BTS80 or Rixson H40 (think goopy cement and jackhammers). Or perhaps you're an architect who's had to spend an afternoon or two figuring out how best to hide that nasty eye-sore of a closer coverplate.
The Dutch manufacturer FritsJurgens made the obvious move.
They've engineered a sophisticated closer and put it in the door!
Nothing in the ceiling. Nothing in the floor.
Special ADA compliant models are now available (call for more information on ADA models).
Introducing System M.
Many problems solved. So many headaches averted.
What's it do?
The System M is a heavy-duty dual-acting pivot hinge and adjustable closer that can easily handle interior or exterior doors up to 660 lbs. (the actual capacity of the hinge is 1100lbs but the closer function's effective limit is around that 660lbs). In other words, you can use System M on very big doors and have smooth operating closer function without having to sink money and time in a floor closer.
- Dual-acting with hold positions at 0˚, ±90˚
- Self-closing from ±125˚ and from ±89˚
- Adjustable closing speed
- Hydraulic backcheck
- Minimum door thickness : 1-9/16" (40mm)
- Minimum distance to pivot point : 3-9/16"
- Grommeted top pivot available for POWER TRANSFER. Call us for more information.
Special ADA compliant models are now available.
Please call us for help in specifying the correct one for your situation.
- No structural elements in floor and ceiling.
- For new and existing situations. Great for retrofits.
- System M makes for quick installations because you can wait until all the surfaces are done before bringing in the doors.
- Maintenance-free bearings. Test to over 1-million cycles.
- Easily adjustable with the door fully loaded.
- Suitable for timber, steel, framed glass and massive clad doors.
- For single and double action doors.
- For internal and external doors.
- For commercial and residential environments.
- For really big pivot doors!
WHICH MODEL IS RIGHT FOR MY DOOR?
FritsJurgens offers five models ( M32-SCA, M32-SCB, M32-SCC, M32-SCD, M32-SCE ) which are tuned to provide appropriate closing force for pivot doors depending on the door weight and position of the pivot. The best way to determine the right model for your door is to have a look at the System M Configuration Guide and, then if you find you still have questions, just give us a call.
Call us for CAD files.
More Info :
Positive action roller catch solution:
Magnetic Catch solution:
You'll still want a doorstop!!!:
Here is why you'll want a DOORSTOP with System M !!!
- A note on doorstops. Do I need one if the System M has a backstop? Yes and no. Depends on your specific specification. But what you should consider is that even though the SystemM provides a hold-open at 90 degrees and has a back check to prevent the door from swinging over through the 90 degrees, a doorstop can be helpful when the door is placed in windy circumstances or with really wide doors. Or if you want to prevent damage to surfaces that could come in contact with the door.
This product includes all pieces required for one pivot door. If you need specific FritsJurgens parts or support please contact us : 1-888-636-1627 or email.
If you are looking for a pivot hinge with a damping function from each 45° position: FritsJurgens SystemOne
If you are looking for a sophisticated pivot hinge with adjustable closing speed and other features : FritsJurgens System3
We love to hear other names for FritsJurgens! So far, we've heard the following:
- Fritz Jurgens
- Frits Gergens
- FritzJurgens or FritGurgens
- Fritzy Jurgens Spinny Thing
- Pivot your gurgen
- SpinJurgen or Spin Jurgen or Spin Gurgen
- Frisjyrens pivot door